WePartner is a dynamic real estate investment and management firm specializing in residential and commercial real estate around Metro Atlanta. The WePartner portfolio includes:
- Investments: asset management, acquisitions and dispositions
- Management: property and construction
- Realty: leasing and sales
WePartner seeks Senior Counsel to provide legal advice and support to WePartner and its affiliates (collectively “WePartner”). The position is responsible for advising WePartner in matters relating to real estate transactions and management, real estate investment and asset management, contracting, procurement, employment, environmental issues, torts, tenant issues, regulatory compliance and other legal matters impacting WePartner’s business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft and negotiate real estate transaction documents, including development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, closing statements, declaration of trusts and restrictive covenants, resolutions, legal opinions, escrow agreements, regulatory and operating agreements, easements, leases, licenses, affidavits, deeds and financing.
- Perform due diligence review of loan documents, title reports, environmental assessments, surveys, and similar documents.
- Draft, review and negotiate general business contracts.
- Draft policies and procedures relating to WePartner business operations.
- Advise WePartner in the event of litigation, and work with outside counsel as appropriate.
- Prepare well-reasoned and skillfully written hearing decisions in a timely manner.
- Maintain the corporate records of WePartner and its non-profit affiliates.
- Advise management on internal affairs, including matters relating to corporate governance and conflicts of interest.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong judgment and reasoning.
- Discipline and organization to meet specific internal and external deadlines.
- Results oriented.
- Must exercise superior judgment and analysis in review of legal documents, filings and records.
- Requires extreme attention to detail and a thorough understanding of all current legal issues.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication, in addition to strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Desire to join a dynamic, growing company.
Education and Experience
- JD from an accredited law school.
- 5+ years experience in real estate transactions.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Independent decision-making and judgment, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and similar office software technologies.
- Law firm experience desired.
- Experience providing legal advice to senior executives required.
The Senior Counsel will work out of the WePartner headquarters in Peachtree Corners, Georgia. Some travel may be required.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Please mention that you saw this job on AttorneyJobsinUSA.com